Lifting on the Go

I was going to do a Christmas day blog, but things we're pretty crazy with my 6 year old niece around.  We went pretty hard for a while, and by time things settled it was definitely time to just veg out with some football, and some scotch.


I've been pretty good this past week.  We ate out on the drive up, but beyond that it's been home cooked meals, and leftovers of said meals.  I haven't done a ton of working out since most of the time here has been spent hanging out with family, but that's pretty much what the holidays are for, so missing a few days is no big deal.

That being said I did get a few workouts in.  I brought an adjustable kettlebell with me that I got for Christmas last year, and I'll tell you what.  It's an amazing travel companion for working out.  It can go from 20lbs to 50lbs, and since it is a kettlebell the workouts are pretty versatile.  Granted with such little weight I did more isolation lifting than compound, but a few days of isolation won't have any negative ramifications.


For the most part I just did curls, tricep lifts, lat pulls, and Romanian Deadlifts.  It wasn't much, but it was nice to keep the blood pumping, and muscles working while away from home.

I didn't get anything fitness related for Christmas, but I did buy myself a new pair of Asics GT-2000 4's just before.  I'm eager to hit the pavement with them in the next few days.  Over the years I've been through several different types of shoes, but thinking back my GT-2170's were probably the best, and the reviews on the GT-2000 4's seem to indicate these are close to those.



No progress photos this week since I'm traveling, but I should be able to get back to taking those, and updating my numbers next week.

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and have a safe new year!

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Tues, Fri, Sat
Hiking/Misc - Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
281.4lbs
46.0% BF

Comments