Still Rucking Amazing

So I'm a dummy.  So many race events are on Sundays that I completely failed to notice my first scheduled 5K of the year was on a Saturday.  All well, at least the money went to a good cause.

On the positive side of this goof, however, was an opportunity to do a nice long ruck through the woods.  I met up with some friends from Team RWB, and we hit a gorgeous trail in the area.  Let me tell you something; thinking 20lbs is nothing because you can do some heavy compound lifts is usually a safe bet.  That is, of course, unless you're talking about having 20lbs strapped to your back for an hour and a half across a distance of 4.4 miles of hilly terrain.  Granted there were water, and site seeing breaks in there the point remains valid.  That point being rucking is tough.  Tough, but an absolute blast.


I can't stress it enough, and I'm going to repeat it so many times in my blogs that you might actually hate me for it, but getting out and trying new fitness activities is absolutely paramount to your success.  It's how you're going to find the activities that you truly enjoy, and those are the activities that are going to see you through succeeding.  Naturally some of the activities you try will maybe just not be your cup of tea, or even be flat out awful, but without trying you'll never find the one or two that really get you going.

Man.  The level of excitement I currently have for the next few weeks of working out is pretty intense.  The ruck left me pretty exhausted, but simultaneously full of energy.  I want to go harder on my current routine so that I can push further on my new rucking adventures.  And it's not just the fitness part that gets me excited.  It's the things I get to see when I am out there pushing myself.  Nature's pretty cool folks.



So what activities have you tried?  What's getting you out there, or to the gym each time?  Let me know in the comments below.

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Tues, Fri, Sat
Hiking/Rucking - Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
281.4lbs
46.0% BF

Comments