Eat All the Things

Food.  Oh man do I love food.  If someone asked me to pick between food, and anime I think I'd have to take that person out, and continue loving them both equally.  So let's talk about food.

"Here comes the 'nutritionist' blogger!"

Shut up, and no.  I'm not going to dive into nutrition because I'm not a nutritionist.  If you want to learn about macros, micros, proper calorie intake, that all calories aren't created equal, etc... then I highly recommend going somewhere else.  Go somewhere that has trained nutritionists who can give you educated answers.  That place is not here.

So if I'm not talking about nutrition, then what am I gabbing about?

Easy.  I want to talk about ways to avoid eating Taco Bell for every meal.  I won't sit here and tell you that eating out is the devil, and you should never do it.  Eating out is great, and I'm going to continue doing it.  What I won't do is eat out 14 times a week.  Not only is it expensive, but it's a quick way to screw up your fitness goals.  The great part is that it's actually super easy.

Meal prep.

Taking a day a week to spend some time cooking, and creating meals for the week.  This can be accomplished in so many different ways, for so many different meals that it'd take me forever to cover them all.  Hell, there are entire blogs devoted to just that, and it was one of those blogs that first gave me the idea to do meal prep day.  The lovely folks over at Organize Yourself Skinny gave me the idea for mason jar salads for lunch.  I usually do meal prep for lunch since cooking for dinner doesn't really bother me, and I actually prefer a fresh cooked dinner over leftovers.




Yes, you heard that right; salad in mason jars.  It's actually quite genius since it allows the ingredients to stay fresh for several days, and you don't end up with soggy vegetables from sitting in the salad dressing due to how it's layered.  This is my go-to for lunches, but I've also done this with other things like pasta dishes.  It really doesn't take long, and it's pretty versatile.



Now I'm not saying this is what you need to do.  What I am saying is you should look at the meals you eat out for the most, and try to make a plan to avoid doing it as much.  Eating out once or twice a week is fine, and I'd go as far as to encourage it.  I've said this before, and I'll continue to say it; this journey is about you, and it shouldn't be one that makes you miserable.

This has gone a long way for me.  It's cheaper, the food is delicious, it's quick to put together, and makes mealtime quick since I don't have to figure out what I'm going to eat, then go get it, and it helps keep me on the right track since the food is, for the most part, healthy.

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Tues, Fri, Sat
Hiking/Misc - Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
281.4lbs
46.0% BF

Comments