Trucking Along...Vroom Vroom!

So here I am, still trucking along working on my cadence. The longer intervals are getting pretty rough, but I'll soldier through. Just need to stay focused throughout the run, and the gains will come. My diet has been pretty terrible for the past couple of weeks, and I can feel it in my runs...I just feel sluggish. Went grocery shopping though, and did some meal prep Sunday; bourbon BBQ chicken w/ roasted red potatoes.  Man is it tasty!


Ultimately it's going to take me quite a while longer to complete C25K with how I'm doing it, but since I've already completed the program once I don't feel bad at all for what I'm doing now. At the end of the day I feel like the benefits will be well worth the slow grind through the program. If I can make it to the end of Week 9 with the 30 minute straight run at 170spm I'll have accomplished what I set out to do. I will also be able to shatter all of my running PRs, and at the end of the day isn't that what it's all about? (kiddingnotkidding)



I'm pretty sure I told you all I was participating in a "Biggest Loser" thing at work...right? Well, if I didn't I am now. Unfortunately they are doing it based on percentage of weight lost, and a bunch of skinny folk joined which means I'll likely finish out towards the bottom. Regardless of that I'm still pretty stoked about the whole thing. I've lost 8.8lbs since it started, and we have 7 weeks to go. The goal I set for it was 30lbs, which I'm on track to accomplish.

Measurements are updated below. I also did some color coding for a quick visual cue on how I'm doing; blue means numbers are down, black means numbers didn't change, and that leaves red meaning numbers went up. I've also thought about leaving the previous weight and measurements on there so we don't have to go to the previous blog to see how much the numbers changed. Something like this; Weight - 272.4lbs -> 270.8lbs.

What do you all think? Let me know in the comments, and I'll talk at you next time.

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K
Rucking (30#)

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Tues, Fri, Sat
Hiking/Rucking - Tues, Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
Last Weigh In/Measuring - 8/8/17
Weight - 270.8lbs
BF% - 43.0
Hips - 46 1/2"
Waist - 50 1/2"
Chest - 47 1/4"

Comments