Maybe Hydrate?

Man, it's crazy how much better my runs are when I don't go into them dehydrated...

Seriously though people, make sure you are hydrating. I can be pretty bad about drinking more coffee than water, and then when I go to workout I just feel miserable, or even get sick as a result. Exercise is great, but it really does put strain on your body so don't exacerbate the situation by depriving it of the things it needs.

Speaking of things the body needs; I've been playing around with vitamins/supplements to see if I can figure out my chronic cramping issues, and I might be narrowing in on it. For the past few weeks I've been taking iron and magnesium supplements before bed, and I haven't had a charlie horse at night, and my legs aren't cramping during my runs. Before we go out in the streets celebrating, however, I need to keep at it, and get a distance run in here within the next few weeks to see if anything feels different.

Oh yeah, I also decided to change my workout routine. My workouts are staying the same, but I wanted to free up some time for more variations throughout the week so I've combined my C25K, and SL5x5 days; first is the run, then I go lift. I also decided to stop being wishy-washy about my ancillary exercises after I lift, and put them down on paper, or a whiteboard in this case. I am pretty stoked about this, and really hope it'll push my strength to the next level. The focus is mainly where I feel the weakest which is primarily my arms, and my core.


And finally I'm bringing back the progress pictures. I've been really bad about it as of late, but I'll try to stay on top of it.


Until next time keep on killing it...safely!

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K
Rucking (30#)

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Mon, Wed, and Fri
Hiking/Rucking - Tues
Wildcard - Sat, and Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
Last Weigh In/Measuring - 8/29/17
Weight : 270.8lbs => 269.4
BF% : 43.0 => 42.7
Hips : 46 1/2" => 46 3/4"
Waist : 50 1/2" => 49 3/4"
Chest : 47 1/4" => 47 1/4"

Comments