Been A Hot Minute

Oh man, it's been a hot minute since I wrote a blog post.  Sorry about that guys.  Sometimes I just need to take a break from things.

Anyways.

I'm back!

I want to try something different.  Instead of the educational style I was writing in I want to switch it up to a more conversational style.  It's easier, flows nicely, and I just enjoy it more.  Let me know what you think in the comments.

So, what have I been up to?  Solid question.  Mostly rucking.  See, I kinda hurt myself lifting, and as a result I was pretty limited in what I could do.  Running aggravated it, and obviously I couldn't lift, but I could manage to get some rucking done.  I've been focusing more on distance than anything, so I'm still pretty slow, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The longest I've taken it so far is just over 6 miles with one of my buds, and fellow Eagle.  I didn't prepare for the distance properly which means blisters, and chafing, but I handled it.




This morning I knocked out a 4 miler.  I love the Garmin Connect app.  It has so much information.  The stats above are from this past Sunday (3/19/17), and these are from this morning (3/25/17).



I also found out that my buddy, and another fellow Eagle, pulled a fast one on me.  He's the one who let me borrow his rucking gear.  I was told the weight in it was 20lbs, and being who I am I just went with it.  Fast forward two and a half months later, and I find out he sneaked a 30lb weight in there.  The best part is that I was in the middle of the 6 mile ruck mentioned above.  I couldn't stop laughing.  He got me good.


I'm actually thinking about ditching running for a bit.  I think I'd rather focus on this for now, and then circle back around to running.  I don't know...what do you think?

My stats haven't been updated.  The battery died in my scale, and I keep forgetting to buy new ones.  Bare with me.

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Workout Schedule:
SL5x5 - Mon, Wed, and Fri
C25K - Tues, Fri, Sat
Hiking/Rucking - Sun

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
281.4lbs
46.0% BF

Comments