A Familiar Road

So, I've recently decided to restart my journey down a familiar road.  What road is that you ask?  It's the road of fitness, excellence, and self discovery.  I've been down this road a few times, but I'm determined to keep trudging along this time.  Why this time?  Why should this happy little jaunt down this heavily trodden trail be any different than the other times?  Personal conviction.  I'm not doing it for someone else, or for some cause, noble or otherwise.  This is 100% about me.

To stay on course I decided I also needed some kind of accountability.  In the past I've tried online fitness communities, but at the end of the day they usually just felt shallow to me with very little community.  Now there were certainly some great people on there, but I found them too sparse for a proper community.  So far what's worked the best for me is a local fitness group that I joined.  It's an amazing group of people that I've come to respect, and to lean on.  They are Team RWB, and their mission is simple; to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.  I'll never do them justice by talking about it here, so I highly recommend you go check out their main page, then look into a chapter in your area.

Why am I sharing all of this, and the information to come, with you?  Well, because I'm not always a terrible person, and I want you to perhaps not walk down this road as many times as I have had to do over the years.  Maybe, just maybe, this blog will get you going, and you keep going based on what you learned here, and through your own experiences.  That would be nice, wouldn't it?

To start things off I'll give some basic info that will be included, and/or updated with each blog post.  Some of the information will only be updated every 2 weeks such as the weight, BF%, and progress pictures.  The blog itself will likely be updated on a weekly basis on either Monday, or Tuesday.

For those curious; I've found great success with StrongLifts 5x5.  It's nothing but compound lifts to build overall strength, and it is very well structured.  As for Couch to 5K, well having already completed it once I find it to be a great program for building up stamina.  The real trick is maintaining said stamina, and building from there.  That will be my goal this time around.

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
276.6lbs
44.8% BF

Progress Pictures:



Comments