People Stare When I Jiggle

It's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks, and I totally spaced on writing a blog last week.  Sorry about that everyone.

With that out of the way; on with it!

I get it, you don't like the idea of being out there on the streets, or in the gym with a jiggling body.  I'm not a big fan of it either, but you know what?  My desire to not be jiggly far out weighs how I feel about people potentially judging my jiggles.  Ultimately you have to make that decision on your own; would you rather be uncomfortable for a while as people might be staring at you, or would you rather hide in embarrassment and never stop jiggling?

Okay, so that was extreme, and things are never that black and white.  However, the point remains valid.  I've had my fair share of heckling when I'm running down the road, but I don't really care.  I'll eventually be a fit, healthy, and sexy beast.  Those people heckling me?  They'll probably still be assholes with terrible personalities.  At the end of the day I win.


I will freely admit that running is pretty much the only public exercise I do.  Part of it is for the above stated reason, and part of it is because of THAT GUY CURLING IN THE SQUAT RACK!

Sorry...

Anywho.  So what should you do if you just can't get over that fear of someone staring you down while you transform from jiggly to sexy?  Easy, invest in some equipment for your home.  You don't have to, and really shouldn't, drop thousands of dollars on the latest Bowflex (is that still a thing?), or whatever the current trendy workout machine is.

If you want cardio just buy a decent treadmill, elliptical, or exercise bike.  If you shop at the right time of the year you can get away without spending much.  If you want to lift weights then get a safety rack, flat bench with incline/decline, Olympic barbell, and weights.  My current entire setup cost me somewhere in the ballpark of $500, and I have everything I stated above except for the treadmill, and elliptical.  You just have to be smart about when you procure the equipment.  Never buy equipment at peak seasons; beginning of the year, and just before Summer.  I'll list what I have with links at the end of this post for reference.




I can't impress on you enough that the decision to be healthy has to be yours, and you really can't let jerks get between you, and what you want out of life.

Now go out there, jiggle, and get sexy!

I said jiggle a lot in this post...

Home Gym Equipment:
Valor Athletics BD-6 Squat/Bench Rack
Fitness Gear 300lb Olympic Weight Set
Fitness Gear Utility Bench (my bench is different, but not sold anymore)
Fitness Gear Adjustable Kettlebell (Christmas present, not pictured above)
Fitness Quest Edge 470 Exercise Bike (got it for free)

Fitness Activities:
StrongLifts 5x5
Couch to 5K

Stats:
Recorded on an Ozeri Touch ZB13 Digital Scale
278.0lbs
44.8% BF

Comments